7' 2" Retracted
7' 11" Scoop
GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL US FOR QUOTE.
The 12-gauge steel moldboard is 29 inches high, and with independently controlled wings, the WIDE-OUT extends from 8 feet to 10 feet wide. With both wings angled forward, you get the carrying capacity of a full 9 foot scoop.
The ULTRAFINISH™ baked on powder-coat provides the best protection against wear and rust in the industry.
- Features a new epoxy primer to further enhance adhesion and corrosion resistance
- Eight-wheel shot blaster pre-treatment removes mill scale and abrades surfaces for optimum adhesion
- Multi-stage pre-wash provides superior surface preparation
- Epoxy primer is applied to enhance powder adhesion
- Robotic guns deliver precise, consistent powder coat coverage
- Final baking process provides a long-lasting hard-as-nails WESTERN red
- It’s the best powder coat in the industry
The ½” x 6” high carbon steel cutting edge is standard, and the wings receive extra protection from the 1½” x 8” polyurethane wing-cutting edges.
- The 8’ retracted position is perfect for transport and for narrow access areas, such as drive-through lanes or tight windrowing areas.
- The 10’ expanded-width position gives you 25% more blade surface so you can take wider passes in larger, wide-open spaces.
- For unmatched windrowing productivity, angle the leading wing forward and the trailing wing extended, and you can use the full blade without spillover. Unparalleled windrowing efficiency, with no spillover on passes, reduces cleanup time.
- For the ultimate in snow-carrying capacity, angle both wings forward for a 9’ scoop.
- The WIDE-OUT can fully angle in the scoop position to effectively carry snow around corners, and maneuver in congested parking lots, something V-plows cannot do.
Built for Strength
Six vertical ribs and a dual power bar design provide exceptional torsional strength. The wings slide laterally across a structurally reinforced slide box, which further enhances blade strength, so there’s no blade twisting or bending, even under the heaviest loads.
The 70 degree attack angle provides a cleaner scrape with every pass, and the 17 inch curl radius gives you maximum snow rolling efficiency.
- The fastest easiest attaching system in the business – no tools required!
- Easy drive-in alignment
- Simple mechanical connecting hook
- Rotating pivot bar keeps attaching points level
- Blade pivots while plowing for a cleaner scrape
- Chain lift system for higher stacking and safe emergency transport
- Removable receiver brackets for off-season ground clearance
Choose between the CabCommand hand-held control option, or the joystick control. At the touch of a button you can move the wings in or out, and angle them either simultaneously or separately.
CabCommand Control Option
- Power “on” and “float” LED
- Backlit for night operation
- Coil cord for easy mobility
Joystick Control Option
- Compact to fit anywhere
- On/off indicator light
- Advanced snowplow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections.
- Under-hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements.
- No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
At WESTERN we manufacture all hydraulic components, to assure the highest quality and reliability standards are met. The WIDE-OUT's hydraulic system provides ultra-fast response and reliable power. All critical electrical and hydraulic components are protected from the elements by the poly cover. So you get a hydraulics system that not only maximizes snowplowing efficiency, but one that's built to last season after season.
Trip Blade Protection
Four trip return springs help protect your plow and truck by allowing the blade to trip forward when striking an obstacle. The heavy-duty polyurethane cutting edges on the wings also protect the blade, allowing it to trip in any position. With a poly edge, when the blade is in scoop position, the poly edges allow the blade to trip easily (versus a steel edge), reducing the amount of snow lost during a trip event.
- State-of-the-art reflector optics
- Smooth wide beam pattern
- Robust two-stud mounting
- Watertight adhesive-bonded housing
- Long life halogen bulbs